Code of Conduct
The YMCA principles include honesty, responsibility, caring and respect. They are the basis for all we do as an organization. Using them as a guide, we have developed the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all who enter our facility enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when they are in our facility or participating in YMCA programs. We expect those using the YMCA to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Actions not showing respect for others and are not permitted include:
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Attire must include swimsuits only in the pool area; shoes, shorts and shirt in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed.
- Using angry or vulgar language, swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation with words, gestures, or body language. Behavior which is inappropriate, threatening or offensive in nature.
- Stealing or behavior which results in destruction of property.
- Sneaking into the YMCA without having a membership or purchasing a day pass.
- Carrying or concealing devices or objects which may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property or in vehicles.
- Smoking. All YMCA facilities and grounds offer a smoke free environment.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal well-being. Feel free to ask any person to refrain from any activity that threatens your comfort. If the situation needs additional assistance, Y Staff are always available.
The Executive Director will investigate all reported incidents. If the Executive Director determines a violation of this Code of Conduct has occurred, suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result.
YMCA Multi-Media Policy
YMCA programs and events are often photographed/videotaped for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in YMCA promotional materials, please indicate this to the YMCA Marketing Director. The use of cell phones and other electronic devises are prohibited in ALL locker rooms and restrooms.